[ Comments below, in line ]

On Friday 04 September 2009 at 4:07 pm, Derek Mcdaniel penned
about "Re: [vbox-users] Bridge Networking"

> Sorry,
>
> I should have been a little more specific.
>
> I gave the virtualbox an IP address, Gateway and DNS.

Is there any particular reason you did the above?  Is DHCP not
available?

> I then can ping anything that is on my network as well as browse the
> network drives and get to my intranet.
>
> I open up firefox and try to get to google.com and it fails. I try to
> ping google.com and it fails

Is it possible your site network admin controls outbound Internet
access by MAC/IP?

My VM (XP) is set up for DHCP and it can get to the Internet without
issue so I'm guessing there's something on your gateway which may be
the issue.

Can you ping the gateway?

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)