[ Comments below, in line ]

On Friday 04 September 2009 at 5:12 pm, Derek Mcdaniel penned
about "Re: [vbox-users] Bridge Networking"

> On Fri, 2009-09-04 at 17:05 -0400, Pablo Sanchez wrote:
>
> > On Friday 04 September 2009 at 4:30 pm, Derek Mcdaniel penned
> > about "Re: [vbox-users] Bridge Networking"
> >
> > Please do not top-post.  I typically do not respond to
> > top-posters. :)
>
> Sorry about that. Not used to these mailing lists :)

No worries.  I figure you're not a mind reader so how are you supposed
to know?  :)

> > What's the Host and Guest O/S?
>
> Host OS: Ubuntu 8.04
> Guest OS: Windows XP Pro set exactly how my second desktop is set-up.
> Just a mirrored image. Trying to get rid of the second desktop.

Except for a proxy server, I have nearly the exact same set up:

   Host O/S:   openSUSE 11.1
   Guest O/S:  Win XP

I've enabled Bridging on the XP with DHCP.  My gateway is an ancient
openSUSE installation.  It all works as expected.

Given the above, my _guess_ is the proxy is confused by two IP's for
one MAC.

Is there any way you can enable debug/trace on the Proxy Server?

ps:  kill the HTML too.  Aren't I a pain in the neck?  :p
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)