Damon Muller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> This is standard Unix crypt behaviour. Unless you are using MD5
> passwords on your system (or Blowfish, I believe, on OpenBSD), then
> your system accounts will show the same behaviour.

> There is probably a way to force vpopmail to use MD5 if the system
> supports it. Anyone know what is it?

Is there any doc on how vchkpw uses DES versus MD5?  Didn't see
anything that details in the online stuff or man pages.

I installed it on FreeBSD with MD5 and not DES and couldn't
auth. After installing DES on BSD and rebuilding vchkpw it worked.

Also, I'd like to migrate a few thousand users out of /etc/passwd with
sendmail/popper and into vchkpw/sqwebmail/etc -- I'm very concerned
about how to keep the authentication working.

Any clues would be welcomed -- thanks!