http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/fetchmail/fetchmail-FAQ.html#K3

> Or better yet post the startup line for tcpserver/vpopmail/ssh tunnel.

It's a per-user thing, not a change to the way the daemon is launched
(unlike ssl tunnels). What you're essentially doing is opening an
encrypted SSH shell connection to the mail server, and piggybacking a
port-forwarding to the pop3 port, via a port on your local machine.

So you poll, say, port 1100 on your machine, which is forwaded over the
ssh connection to 110 on the remove machine. The catch is that you need
shell access to the remote machine, and I have no idea how you'd go
about doing it from a windows machine. However, it certainly does work
with vpopmail.

> I can add it to the vpopmail FAQ file.

Better add the URL rather than my explanation... It's 32 degrees, I
don't have air-conditioning, so I'm probably not making much sense! :)

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller