From: "Syed Faruque Ahmed" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "chris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 1:21 PM
Subject: Re: vconvert

I have been mulling over this for sometime.  I still don't feel comfortable
putting the development versions into production; too many frequent changes
that might be necessary.  So I am still with the stable version of vpopmail
with a working vconvert.
However, there is an interesting script in the source under "contrib"
directory called addusers.pl, that manually adds a list of users, one by
one, to a domain you specify.  The catch is that it requires cleartext
passwords.  Can "vadduser" work with encrypted passwords?
Another problem is how to backup a list of users with their passwords from
the MySQL db?  I plan to use vconvert to create vpasswd files on a regular
basis, but how can one do that with the development vpopmail?  Does anybody
have a (perl?) script that can read the db table and write out a neat
little vpasswd file?  I think that it is do-able, but am too pressed with
other stuff.

Faruque