And I would recommend sophie.
http://www.vanja.com/tools/sophie/
It works with sophos virus scanner.

This can be done at no cost, by going to
http://www.sophos.com/downloads/products/unix.html
and downloading the software after requesting your username and password.
just make sure you put "single user" / "home user" for "evaluation
purposes".

This will let you get your foot in the door without having to dish out $400
for a commercial scanner.  I'm not sure if any other companies do something
similar?

Dallas