I am having a problem with qmail-scanner, maybe someone has an idea here.
I have installed everything and did ../contrib/test_installation.sh -doit
and those tests passed just fine.  I can also do this.

# QMAILQUEUE=/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl
# echo "to:root" | /var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject

And then I receive a message with the appropriate headers.

However..........

When I try and add this QMAILQUEUE variable to my smtp supervise script, and
then try and send a message through it, here are the results..

--------------------------
[root@localhost qmail-smtpd]# telnet localhost 2525
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 localhost ESMTP
mail from: root
250 ok
rcpt to: root
250 ok
data
354 go ahead
.
451 qq temporary problem (#4.3.0)
--------------------------

I added just the two lines to my supervise script.

--------------------------
#!/bin/sh

QMAILQUEUE=/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl
export QMAILQUEUE

QMAILDUID=`id -u qmaild`
NOFILESGID=`id -g qmaild`
MAXSMTPD=`cat /var/qmail/control/concurrencyincoming`

exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 2000000 \
    /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -R -l 0 -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c "$MAXSMTPD"
\
        -u "$QMAILDUID" -g "$NOFILESGID" 0 qmail /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd
2>&1