On Wednesday, November 28, 2001, at 02:55 PM, Tren Blackburn wrote:

> As I stated, read the INSTALL doc that comes with vpopmail.  here's an
> exerpt:
>
> 12. How to use vchkpw with qmail-pop3d server
>
>         Here is a sample startup line for qmail-pop3d and vchkpw
>
>         env - PATH="/var/qmail/bin:/usr/local/bin" \
>         tcpserver -H -R 0 pop-3 \
>         /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup your.domain.com \
>         /home-dir-of-vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d
> Maildir
> &
>
>         If you want to authenticate against /etc/passwd do not use the
> -u -g
>         options, since it would need to run as root.
>
> The documentation is quite detailed in vpopmail in my opinion.

The above example is a simple tcpserver script.  If you want to use
daemontools, you can, but there's not an example of a pop3 run script in
the INSTALL file.  If you're familiar with daemontools, it's only
slightly different that what's above, and you should be able to figure
it out.

Here's my daemontools run file for pop:

#!/bin/sh

VPOPMAILUID=`id -u vpopmail`
VPOPMAILGID=`id -g vpopmail`

exec /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -l 0 -R -H                \
         -u"$VPOPMAILUID" -g"$VPOPMAILGID" 0 pop-3       \
         /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup yourdomain.com         \
         /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw                       \
         /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir 2>&1

Regards,

Bill