On Wednesday, November 28, 2001, at 03:54 PM, Mate Wierdl wrote:

> tcp.smtp is used only by tcpserver.

For smtp, it's read only.  The pop server is the one that actually edits
open-smtp and runs tcprules.

> I think it is not clear from the
> docs, but it seems roaming users can be used only if you run pop under
> tcpserver or equivalent (like courier's tcp server).

If I had time, I'd do some testing, as this would be useful to know for
sure.  I tend to think it's more of a permissions issue rather than a
daemon issue...

Doesn't  vchkpw do a setuid/setgid before editing these files?  I don't
recall...  Seems like it wouldn't be an issue if this were the case.

Regards,

Bill