I think I have this fixed.  usernotfound() was not properly detecting
the "catch-all" argument to vdelivermail for domains not under
VPOPMAILDIR *only* when it was a path, so it never appended /Maildir to
the user's directory path.  Thus, writing the temp file would fail and
the message bounced.

I wrapped this fix into a general patch of 4 bug fixes for vpopmail 5.0:

1. vegetent() fix (cdb module)
        - 'vmoduser [flags] <domain>'  would corrupt the vpasswd file
2. vmoduser fix (all modules)
        - wouldn't set the passwd field when running on entire domain
3. re-added .over-quota.msg support to vdelivermail
4. usernotfound() bug described above

I also re-added the "user not found but will deliver to <path>" message
so you'll see it in the logs.  : )

Please help test this patch if you can.  To apply:

cd vpopmail-5.0
lynx --source http://shupp.org/patches/5.0-shupp-1.patch.gz | patch -p0
./configure <options>
make ; make install

And for anyone using the maildirquota patch, I'll try and post an
updated version with all these fixes tomorrow.

Cheers,

Bill Shupp