Keith,

I have seen this problem one time in the past when I was setting up a Free
BSD machine.

I don't recall the specific details as to why it was doing this, just that
is was.

I think the problem is related to the configuration of qmail and
specifically the assign file. Make sure that your assign file references the
correct domain name and storage path...

The storage path for the domian is highly important as it is where qmail
looks for the .qmail-default that vdelivermail ends up running from...

Hope that helps.

Tom Walsh
Network Administrator
http://www.ala.net/