Sharing the tcp.smtp.cdb file over TCP is not a good idea. Once your traffic starts picking up, you'll have all sorts of problems with that.

Check out the writeup I have on exactly this scenario: http://matt.simerson.net/computing/mail/qmail/qmail.toaster.open- smtp_writeup.txt. There are other considerations but to minimize traffic on your backend (NFS) network, you really should be planning to only share what's necessary (~vpopmail/domains) via NFS.

Matt