> On Sunday 23 March 2003 02:36, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > When connecting to the server to attempt to collect mail, I am
> > receiving an authorization failure. I have setup vpopmail to use
> mysql> to store the domain and user info, and I am using vchkpw to
> > authenticate the pwds and I am logging in using the "username%
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]" format. Is there a way to check the
> authentication using
> > vchkpw directly??
>
> # telnet mail.hostname.com 110
> user [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> pass secret
>
> then check the logs.
>

> Also note, that we _do_ have an archive for this list and this
> question has
> been covered not only a million but fantastillions of zillion times.
>
> --

Yep, thats how I am testing it. I also just noticed, that I had not
pointed out that it is for virtual domains, and have confirmed that I
am using the right login format. I'm not sure about the logs though,
which ones should I be checking for the authentication attempts? The
following which I would think are the ones are empty :/

d97# ls -al /var/log/qmail/pop3d/
total 6
drwxr-xr-x  2 qmaill  wheel  512 Mar 22 18:23 .
drwxr-xr-x  4 qmaill  wheel  512 Mar 22 17:31 ..
-rw-r--r--  1 qmaill  wheel   27 Mar 22 18:23 current
-rw-------  1 qmaill  wheel    0 Mar 22 18:23 lock
-rw-r--r--  1 qmaill  wheel    0 Mar 22 18:23 state

Clint