When internal clients try to send mail sometimes they get timeout, I bellieve that in this case it's when client connect to server, other times if a mail got attachs it starts to send... at least it's what Outlook says, and it takes an eternity (a mail with 1Mg taking 3 hours to leave outbox :-/) to deliver the mail to the server. After the messages reaches the server it's dispatched in a question of seconds...

I'm completly over this issue but can't find a reason for this to hapen.

SRosa

Paul Fletcher writes:

Well with thopse tcpserver flags so far as I can see there should be no DNS
lookups going on at all, so I don't think you can blame the DNS server...
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I have had this problem when not using -H and/or not using -R on a very
busy server where there is NAT between the mail server and the DNS server;
if you have UDP packets being natted for DNS lookups and there are lots of
them it can eat up all the nat table entries, and then you can't get
connected until entries get aged out.

Is it slow to actually connect, or slow to respond once you are connected?