Russell Mann wrote:

You'll need to run qmail-smtpd as vpopmail.vchkpw or suid root so it can
access the vpopmail files. His web page fully explains how to do it and
why it has to be done.

Ok, following the instructions on:
http://www.interazioni.it/qmail/#qmail-smtpd

I thought I was doing it right to have it like this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] l /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd
-r-sr-sr-x   1 qmaild   nofiles       30k Jan 15 16:17
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd*

Should it be something different?

I've readjusted my supervise script like this:

Hi,

Depends on which patch you used. In my case my qmail-smtpd is just a regular file owned by qmaild.nofiles, it is not suid. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

I'd try running a few tests using a new /service running on a different port (port 2500 maybe) and cp qmail-smtpd to qmail-smtpd-chkusr and try it with different settings until you see which one works.

Regards,

Rick