Hello Andrea,

On Tuesday, February 3, 2004 at 4:06:55 PM you wrote (at least in
part):

>> An easier solution should be to add the following to your
>> qmail-smtpd/run file:
>>
>> export QMAIL_QUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue"
>>
>> And then restart qmail-smtpd.

First: Make the above 'QMAILQUEUE="..."', without the underscore.

> In this case, I apply the qmail-scanner-queue for the emails from LAN or
> loopback (127.). I wouldn't, better I could not would that.

Insert

127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue"
129.168.1.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue"

to your 'tcp.smtp' file that is merged with 'open-smtp'
(the 127. should already be there, so simply modify it).

Ain't that hard, isn't it?

> Mine patch works only with open-smtp connections, not at all.

What what are most of your connections?
"foreigners from out there" and "open-smtp" users? And don't you want
exactly their mails to be run through qmail-scanner?
So create a few rules for "the exceptions" (connections from 127. and
LAN) and "hit" the rest by a 'export QMAILQUEUE' DEFAULT.

> Why is better the qmail-smtpd/run change?

The "I patch vpopmail as little as necessary to achieve something I can
do without patching". Simply because it is easily preserved across
vpopmail updates, while the other one requires repatching every time a
new vpopmail is released (and requires the original author to adjust
the patch maybe every time a new version is released).
--
Best regards
Peter Palmreuther

This message is already too long - no tagline pleas<ack!>