At 03/02/04 22:20 (), Peter Palmreuther wrote:

Hello Andrea,

On Tuesday, February 3, 2004 at 4:06:55 PM you wrote (at least in
part):

>> An easier solution should be to add the following to your
>> qmail-smtpd/run file:
>>
>> export QMAIL_QUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue"
>>
>> And then restart qmail-smtpd.

First: Make the above 'QMAILQUEUE="..."', without the underscore.

> In this case, I apply the qmail-scanner-queue for the emails from LAN or
> loopback (127.). I wouldn't, better I could not would that.

Insert

127.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue"
129.168.1.:allow,RELAYCLIENT="",QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-queue"

to your 'tcp.smtp' file that is merged with 'open-smtp'
(the 127. should already be there, so simply modify it).

Ain't that hard, isn't it?

> Mine patch works only with open-smtp connections, not at all.

What what are most of your connections?
"foreigners from out there" and "open-smtp" users? And don't you want
exactly their mails to be run through qmail-scanner?
So create a few rules for "the exceptions" (connections from 127. and
LAN) and "hit" the rest by a 'export QMAILQUEUE' DEFAULT.

> Why is better the qmail-smtpd/run change?

The "I patch vpopmail as little as necessary to achieve something I can
do without patching". Simply because it is easily preserved across
vpopmail updates, while the other one requires repatching every time a
new vpopmail is released (and requires the original author to adjust
the patch maybe every time a new version is released).
--
Best regards
Peter Palmreuther

This message is already too long - no tagline pleas<ack!>

In my Case I am using smtp-auth patch from http://www.fehcom.de/qmail/smtpauth.html and it is calling spamassassin for the authenticated users sending out mails. Perhaps the RELAYCLIENT is not set for authenticated users.

Is anyone has clues to stop passing the control to spamc in case of authenticated users. I am using:

QMAILQUEUE="/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl" export QMAILQUEUE

in /var/qmail/supervise/qmail-smtpd/run script.

Devendra Singh