At 06/02/04 18:38 (), Peter Palmreuther wrote:

Hello Devendra,

On Friday, February 6, 2004 at 11:34:34 AM you wrote (at least in
part):

[QMAILUEUE & RELAYCLIENT]

> In my Case I am using smtp-auth patch from
> http://www.fehcom.de/qmail/smtpauth.html

Don't know which version you're using, as I don't know when this site
first listed 0.4.2. If you're using 0.31 it does not set RELAYCLIENT
for authenticated users, 0.4.2 should do set it.

> and it is calling spamassassin for the authenticated users sending
> out mails. Perhaps the RELAYCLIENT is not set for authenticated
> users.

Quite easy to check: 'strings /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd |less' and
search for 'RELAYCLIENT='.
--
Best regards
Peter Palmreuther

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

Dear Peter,

Thanks for the clue.

I tried searching the string 'RELAYCLIENT=' into /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd. I was able to find a 'RELAYCLIENT' but not "RELAYCLIENT=".

I was using the Spamcontrol patch spamcontrol-209_tgz.bin instead of the latest spamcontrol-225_tgz.bin.

I think this should solve the issue. I would try it out ASAP.

Thanks.

Devendra Singh