Tom Collins wrote:
On Mar 1, 2005, at 1:34 PM, Rick Macdougall wrote:

Is that a good idea ? Say a spam slips through that forges the SA headers ?

(Yes, I'm playing devil's advocate here, since SA already checks for just that type of thing and ignores them/strips them out, but what happens when some new admin doesn't install SA correctly and the mail does NOT get scanned by SA but the spammers have made it look like it has.)

I'll keep quiet now :)

If a message forges SA headers to appear as ham when it's really spam, then that isn't any different than not having the headers at all (as far as vdelivermail storing it in a spam folder).

If you're running SA, it will strip out any old spam headers before outputing its own headers, so it isn't an issue.

If you're not running SA, then a ham message with forged headers indicating that it was spam could end up in the spam folder, but why would someone want to do that?

Hi,

Yah,

What I'm saying is a mis-configured server with spam coming through that is SA forging itself as ham.

Not very likely, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Regards,

Rick