On Tuesday 08 March 2005 03:35 pm, Dave Goodrich wrote:
> Ken Jones wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> >>Before I grab that (might be later this week before I can look at it),
> >>are there any ideas/concepts for using vpopmaild with a group of
> >>machines? I'm curious how this can add a domain. Are you able to HUP
> >>qmail on multiple machines once a domain is added?
> >
> > Well, once you connect to the vpopmail daemon on the machine, the
> > add domain function calls the vpopmail library add domain function
> > that does the HUP signal to qmail-send.
>
> Understood, but what of the other three machines I have running? They
> all use the same control files. If I add a domain on machine A using
> vpopmail daemon, machine A gets to HUP qmail-send, but I cannot run
> vadddomain again on machines B, C, D. So I must login and run "svc -h
> /service/qmail-send" manually on machine B, C, and D.

the way I've handled this in the past on customer machines is to have a 'sync'
script that syncs the control files (set on a cronjob.. run every 5
minutes..) and it checks timestamps and HUPs/restarts daemons accordingly.

-Jeremy

    [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
      kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet IRC ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
         GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]