We're setting up a new mailserver with a Gigabyte i-ram drive to handle the qmail queue, and qmail logs. The i-ram drive uses standard DDR modules, has a battery backup and is lightning fast - much faster than solid state drives. We'll use SATA RAID for the maildirs and remainder of the server.

I'd like to get some input on the best filesystem for the i-ram drive. EXT3 is out because writes are slowed to the speed of a hard drive. I'm leaning towards reiserfs or xfs. However, I've read (wikipedia) that reiserfs is easily corrupted. xfs seems the best.

Anyone have any comments of suggestions.

Best Regards,

Jeff Koch, Intersessions

!DSPAM:476be8bd310544004610834!