On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 03:53:01PM -0400, Sanders, Arbin D wrote:
> What is the number of VMs do you all run per VMware host? Is it limited to
> the RAM limitation for vSphere 5? How many purchase vSphere licenses?

Hello there,

at our University computing centre we have 3 VMware ESXi 4.1 hosts. Each
host has 6 quad-core CPUs (alltogether 24 cores) and 256 GB RAM. Each VM
has 2 GB and 1 vCPU. We have made several stress tests (each VM with
Bonnie++) and we have successfully started 100 VMs per one host.

Best regards,
Ivan Rako
University Computing Centre
University of Zagreb, Croatia
--
You only live once, and if you play it right, once is all you need.