Hi Dmitri.

DHCP on the backnet works as expected.  eth0 is being configured
correctly (gets the expected MAC address, which matches the one in
dhcpd.conf).  /etc/hosts is correct for both the private IP and the
(intended) public-side IP.

The problem is that the config file for eth1 is being rewritten.  It
looks like Aaron got it right when he directed me to the configuration
settings for the management node, where public-side IP configuration is
set to "Static", that apparently means "set the public IP to match the
listed value for the private IP", clearly not what we want.  My question
now is what to do instead; how to get a static (or effectively static,
i.e. predictable) IP address for deployed machines without using that
setting.

--
Michael Jinks :: mji...@uchicago.edu :: 773-469-9688
University of Chicago IT Services