Udo Richter wrote:
> C.Y.M wrote:
>> Utilizing mpegpes is really the best of
>> both worlds.  We would still be using the video output on the FF card
>> but having
>> software to process the actual mpeg decoding.  There would be no
>> transcoding
>> involved because obviously the recording would already be in a DVB
>> resolution
>> format.
>
> This leaves the question: If the video is already in DVB compatible
> mpeg2 format, what does mplayer do before forwarding the data stream to
> the DVB card, that VDR does not?
> Basically, VDR just forwards the whole data stream to the DVB driver. If
> mplayer is immune against stream desyncing, then they must do some
> repacking/fixing to the data stream that helps the DVB hardware on
> decoding.

If the answer to this question could be discovered, then problem solved.  So,
what you are suggesting is VDR is not doing something that mplayer is doing that
fixes the problem.  Hmmmmmm... so then it is not a driver or firmware issue
after all?? Could we agree that much? :) This has been back and forth for a long
 long time with the drivers development team and Klaus. hehe.

Best Regards.