On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 15:23:51 +0100, Tomáš Skočdopole wrote
> This week I switched to vdr-1.7.4 and streamdev-cvs (both without
> any patches). Its better than vdr-1.7.0 and streamdev-1.3.4 but
> popcornhour still sometimes freezes (while watching SD /HDTV
> channels) and power off from electrical network is needed.

On German VDR portal
(http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=795607#post795607) someone
reported that things got much better after updating PCH A-110 firmware to the
2009-02-26 release. Changelog indicates:

- Fixed TS with stream6 as teletext playback cause out of memory

That would be a reasonable explanation for having to powercycle PCH...

Regards,
Frank