On 1 Feb 2010, at 22:24, abbe normal wrote:

> On 2/1/10, VDR User <user....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 7:12 AM, Halim Sahin <halim.sa...@t-online.de> wrote:
>>> Hi List and Klaus,
>>>
>>> It would be really nice if vdr could support diseqc setup directly in
>>> vdr.
>>>
>>> I don't know if this can be done by a plugin but the current solution is
>>> difficult for endusers.
>>> Setting a diseqc.conf needs some knowledge in diseqc and it's commands.
>>> A simple interface for creating a diseqc.conf can improove the
>>> usability of vdr!
>>
>> Personally I think adding support for multiple diseqc switches is a
>> more important feature as I've noticed several users asking how to do
>> this in VDR -- which it unfortunately doesn't support.  I think this
>> is actually one of the reasons some guys fumble around trying to
>> cascade their diseqc switches.  However, not all switches can be
>> cascaded and so they're left stuck.  Can't cascade, and no support for
>> multiple switches.
>>

> hey guys
>
> i agree multi cards should be able to use mutli diseqc configs... or
> at least be able to assign them to different switches that could be
> used... would be nice to add more dishes and lnbs to my setup... would
> like to do c and ku band dvb as well as have at least 2 to 3 fixed
> dishes with lnbs on them now im limited to 4 max or use a very costly
> switch...
>
> abby

Dear all,

I have a diseqc-patch I that hacked together a couple of years ago relating to
multi-cards/multi-switches that has served my purpose well.  It may not be the
best way, it may even be the wrong way.  I will drag it out of the VDR box for
all to see but that will not be for a couple of days.

MOTIVATION

I have three LNBs (28.2/5, 19.2, 13.0) and two cards, each card attached to a
4-way diseqc switch.  Despite the switches being the same model and bought at
the same time each one responds to a different set of diseqc commands to change
LNB.  IIRC one seemed to behave as a cascade of 2-way switches, the other
responded to the more usual commands for a 4-way switch.

DESCRIPTION

Enter my hack.  It allows diseqc commands to be defined on a per-card basis
(numbered 1, 2, ...).  How you determine which number corresponds to which card
is left as an exercise for the reader (hint: the margin may not be big enough).
 These defines are placed in 'diseqc-multi.conf' and start with the card number
but are otherwise the same format as those found in 'diseqc.conf'.

CONFIGURATION

Configuration options within VDR are:

- use only the diseqc.conf defines,
- use only the diseqc-multi.conf,
- use the disqc-multi.conf if a card definition appears otherwise use the
diseqc.conf defines.

CAVEATS

For my purpose this patch works well.  I am aware there exist other
multi-satellite/multi-card patches that may address a similar problem but I
haven't used them.

You'll have to wait a couple of days before I can pull it off my vdr box.
Current version works with vdr-1.7.11.  This patch has survived with minimal/no
changes from at least the first vdr-1.6 releases.

Sorry to whet your appetites without satiating them.

Ian.