----- Original Message -----
> From: "Igor Lvovsky" <ilvov...@redhat.com>

Assumption is the mother of all ____.

What needs to be done is reverting to the old value.
Can be done easily by inserting a comment in the ifcfg-file with the MTU prior
to the change.

When we (hopefully) go into a stateless configuration controlled by the
engine/any other manager then it should be determined solely by the manager,
and reverted to user defined on reboot.