On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 04:28:16PM +0200, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 12/03/2012 04:25 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> >On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 04:35:34AM -0500, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

It's clearer for the local admin: if it's on the file system, it would
be there after boot; he can do his worst to them, and we'd try to
manage.

Also, it is easier to recover from utterly-horrible remote commands,
which had rendered our host incommunicado: the management interface used
to send these commands -- and only it -- would show up after boot. This
increases the probability that after fencing, we'd see the host again.