I think I could get a shell prompt from most Unix systems using
NetBackup, as long as they had xterm available somewhere.

=====start script====

#!/bin/sh

DISPLAY=whereiam

export DISPLAY

/appropriate-path/xterm

=====end script====

Remember: background checks on your backup admin are a good thing

---

W. Curtis Preston

Backup Blog @ www.backupcentral.com

VP Data Protection, GlassHouse Technologies