Do I have to run the nbcc utility again like I did when I upgraded from
5.x?  Is Symantec involved in the upgrade this time?

From: Ed Wilts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 9:49 AM
To: Randy Samora
Cc: Mark Glazerman; [EMAIL PROTECTED];
veritas-bu@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Most recent stable release?

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Randy Samora <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

        I'm running 6.0 MP5 in a Windows environment and it has been
running great.  I'm about to go to 6.5.1 and from what I've read, that's
a pretty stable ledge to sit on for a little while.  However, as I
mentioned in another post, the server team wants me to support 2008
Server which isn't supported until 6.5.2.  From what I'm reading now, it
sounds like I would be safer to downgrade the 2008 Server back to 2003
Server until some issues get resolved witih 6.5.2?

6.5.2A is relatively stable if you apply the relevant EEBs.  It's
probably less work to upgrade your backup environment to 6.5.2 than it
is to rebuild that Windows 2008 server as 2003 (although you will teach
the admin a needed lesson :-)).  YMMV since everybody's NBU environment
is different.

   .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
[EMAIL PROTECTED]