Hello all,

   I have a situation where one system is taking a long time to scan for
disk groups. I have a VCS cluster in a 4+1 configuration. I have
recently added the last production node to the cluster. After the disks
were presented to the failover node, it took a long time for any Vx
commands to respond.

  The servers are all Solaris 10, the cluster, VxVM and VxFS are all
5.0mp1. The server that I added was one we had used for testing and had
many different luns presented and removed from it. But it will import
and deport the disk group just fine. The other server, the failover node
in the cluster, takes about 5 minutes to import the dg. If I do a
"vxdisk -o alldgs list" on the failover node, it takes about 5 minutes
to respond. Any way I look at the devices, it looks clean. Whether I
look at them with cfgadm, luxadm, vxdisk or PowerPath, the disks look
ok. So anytime I do any vx commands on the failover node, I get VCS
monitoring timeout errors for monitoring the dg's.

  Anyone have suggestions?

     Thanks,
     Bryan

--