On 11 Feb 2009, at 19:37, Quinn Taylor wrote:

>> I agree with others who suggested in essence that anyone serious
>> enough to be using Subversion will have the BBEdit's command tools
>> installed.
>
> I use Subversion seriously, but don't use BBEdit as my primary
> editor, and don't recall whether I have the tools installed or not.
> You're welcome to love BBEdit, but assuming that everyone else
> thinks it's "the bee's knees" in a way that could cause problems if
> the tools aren't installed isn't wise. There may certainly be a
> better solution than the current one, but assuming use of a third-
> party commercial product doesn't seem like it.

You've taken AlanR's comment out of context. The discussion is about
people who are using BBEdit for diff and how Versions should access
it. AlanR is saying that people who are using BBEdit and subversion
are likely to have also installed the included BBEdit command line
tools (an option when installing).

Not that I agree with his suggestion. I think Dirk's use of a
supported AppleEvent interface is the way to go. Then it will work for
anyone who has BBEdit and chooses that as their diff tool.

Paul