IIRC, Windows VM partitions can't read/write on Mac partitions, so file-based access is probably not the best solution. Your two other main options are to host the repository on the network via (1) the svnserve daemon of (2) Apache2 web sharing. I've done both, and neither is terribly difficult, but they involve more work than just using file:// URLs. I'll describe how to set it up with Apache, since the directions are shorter, and I've done it more recently. :-)

First, turn on web sharing in the Sharing pane of System Preferences.

Create a file at /private/etc/apache2/other/ and call it "subversion.conf". (You'll need admin access.) Paste in the following contents:

<Location /svn>
        DAV svn
        SVNPath /path/to/local/repository
</Location>

In the Terminal, run the following commands:

        sudo chown -R www /path/to/local/repository
        sudo apachectl graceful

Apache should then be able to host the repository. (Obviously, you should replace "/path/to/local/repository" with the actual absolute path to the repository, such as /Users/jeff/Subversion/MyRepository or whatever it is.) You can access it at http://localhost/svn — if you prefer another path, change it in the <Location> tag in the Apache config file.

Hope that helps,
  - Quinn