My experience has been that it's full of pleasant little improvements for end users, though the real improvements are under the hood, and will be unleashed by degrees as developers leverage the powerful new technologies. The Finder is definitely smoother and more polished, and there are numerous other little touches. I think you'll definitely find it worth the small investment. :-)

 - Quinn