My guess was that Oliver may have meant using the SVN libraries via API, rather
than wrapping and parsing output from the command-line binary. My understanding
is that SVN only adds API variants and never takes away old ones, so backwards
compatibility is preserved. Now, linking against the default version that ships
with OS X wouldn't solve this problem, because it's still 1.6. in Lion.
(Fortunately for me, I'm not in a position of requiring 1.7 yet, although some
of the new features like WC-NG will be very nice when they arrive.) Dynamically
detecting and linking against user-installed versions (e.g. CollabNet,
MacPorts, Fink) in /usr/local or /opt would be tricky at best, and impossible
at worst. I can certainly understand the challenge of adapting to the new API.
That being said, I do agree with a few others that a little more information
would be welcome. I personally wouldn't expect a promise of a given date (as I
can understand the awkward position of promising a date and then having to
slip), but occasionally providing users with some details of progress would be
awesome.

 - Quinn