Jerry,

For years, I have used aqua stealth.  It is not as good as felt on slippery
surfaces which is why I have had the studs in mine.  It has a lot of
advantages.  Cleans up easier.  Does not continue to leak.  On cold days in
Utah, the felt soles I had would actually freeze to the rocks if I stopped
to consider my next move.  AS don't carry things like whirling disease
nearly as much.  They are much better for hiking.  However, as I said, don't
expect the grip that felt had.  For a brand, the best for the money may be
L.L. Bean.  Simms, Cloudviel, and others make a good boot but they get close
or over $200.  I am replacing mine at the current time and doing a lot of
shopping.   It is a good idea if you have a shop nearby to try them on. LL
Bean run small.  Some are on size.  I like them a little bit large so I can
wear a heavy sock in the winter.  If you want some other boot names, I can
send some to you.

Mike

--
Mike Bliss