see below
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: J Balmer
  To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, December 12, 2009 11:24 AM
  Subject: RE: [VFB] Rope-dubbers respond

  I thought it was a great DVD, in spite of the viewJ You have my other
comments.  thanks

  I tried the alpaca two ways; tying in the tips & tying in the middle of the
bunch. Tying in the middle was more difficult, but made for a thicker dub. Not
necessarily a valid adaptation of the technique.  there are no invalid
adaptations of the technique.  Just try what you're trying to acheive different
ways, not just one.  There's a few ways to have the very back end thicker, and
flatter, and with larger segments.

  If you're working with llama, don't double it over.  Just tie it down at the
front of the shank, flat-rope back to the bend, then reverse tight-rope it back
to the front.  See if this is the profile you want.

  Haven't used other materials yet, 'cause I've been busy & need to redo the
flies for the swap. Looking forward to using other materials.

  I like the results much better than doing it the way I was, getting more
consistent results & better segmenting.  You should be doing it in around hald
the time, because llama dubs fairly quick, depending on how you were doing it.