Hi Tony:

This was David Colyn's response to my original "Then & Now"

Well said Nev.

Have any solution to the well defined problem??

I sure dont.............

.........and so I anwered him by saying what I believe and that is that
forums (or bulletin boards if you like the word better) seem to have greater
following than e-mail lists. I suggested TRYING forum style.

I expected resistance, because people resist change because it is not
comfortable.  I doubt that many VFB members have really looked at the forum
pages that I listed previously.

If you go to this forum http://forum.flybc.ca/ you will come to a page of
subjects or topics -

In this case, fly tying is fourth from the top. If one clicks on that, your
come to a page with a huge variety of more specific topics and just choose
what takes your interest.

http://forum.flybc.ca/index.php?showforum=13

another good example can be found below

http://speypages.com/speyclave/showthread.php?t=38433

now scroll down just a little and you will com to a black screen entitled
SPTV (Spey Pages TV)

click on the arrow in the middle of the screen, turn on your speakers and
watch a superb video on wader safety from Simms.

The point I am trying (not very successfully) to make is that these modern
forums are what today's younger anglers look for because  the are far more
versatile than an e-mail list and can show videos and photos with no
problem.

Tony, you and I are friends athough we have never met in person. I have a
great deal of respect for you  and for some of the other long time members.
However, to quote your words..........

"Like you, I just don't think a forum will be a good thing. I for one just
can't handle it."

I believe that you could handle a forum if you wanted to, but the key is
wanting to.  I like the e-mail list format but it is outdated and not as
versatile as other methods. The forum is not as intimate as an e-mail list.
Perhaps Google Wave  or something like it will eventually replace e-mail.

Just my 2 cent worth.

Neville (Nev) Gosling
Greater Vancouver,
B.C. Canada