  From: Scott Bearden
  To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 10:32 AM
  Subject: Re: [VFB] Pres. Obama Now Wants to Ban Sports Fishing, Make
Recreational Fishing a Crime - Update: Glenn Beck Video on Gov't's US Water
Grab Efforts « Frugal Café Blog Zone

  The ESPN article is THE source for all this misinformation and was written by
an angry lobbyist who didn't get to buy their way with the White House. All of
the other articles circulating around the internet revolve around this one
angry, bitter, guy and honestly I can't see why ESPN doesn't have the
journalistic integrity to take it down. Then again, I don't think of ESPN as a
serious source for journalism. Having said that, the author doesn't produce any
FACTS to back up his assertions and would probably like it better if you don't
read the official paper for yourself.

  If you are a fisherman and a conservationist, this was a huge win for us. It
is the commercial fishermen, who this person was lobbying for, that are no
longer going to be able to vacuum up  and over fish our coastlines. Ironically
enough it will be the Coast Guard that will be tasked with the enforcement of
this.

  I left this list before over such nonsense being posted to the list. I don't
appreciate it, and there are plenty of other places on the internet where such
things are more appropriate to discuss these topics. I think lists like like
have an intrinsic value that is damaged when trolls come in and disrupt things
for their own amusement.

  Scott