From: Michael Drew <mike.dre...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VFB] Elk hair
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 9:58 AM

I live in Colorado Springs, and volunteer at Ft. Carson. I have checked with
the taxidermists here in the Springs, and although they are willing to donate
(they have given us Mule Deer, Antelope, Bear and even Yak), but presently they
do not have any Elk trimmings available. The fly shops in the area also help
out quite a bit, but right now all the fly fishing clubs in the area are
soliciting donations for their fund raising raffles and auctions,   so I am a
bit hesitant to ask them at the moment. The regional coordinator here does have
enough for this class of soldiers, but would rather get a donation of Elk for
the next class instead of purchasing it, and use the savings for a guided
fishing trip for the soldiers.

Thanks for the suggestion of  Wapsi and Chris Helm. I'll check the prices, and
if the cost is not too much for the amount of hair that we'll need for the next
class, I'll probably purchase the Elk out of pocket.

Mike Drew