We usually have 12 soldiers per fly tying session (7-weeks each) and 3
sessions a year. The fly fishing trips usually have between 6 - 12 soldiers
and I'm not sure how often they go out,  since I've only been with PHWFF
since November. I do know that we pay to send a group on a guided trip in
Montana each summer, and we are given access to private waters in the local
area a few times a year.

We use Skip Morris's book to teach the fly tying class. The recipe in the
book calls for bleached elk hair, but I suspect that we'd settle for any
type of elk at this point.

I discussed this with higher headquarters (my wife) this morning, and she's
given me the ok to buy some hair for PH, as long as I keep it reasonable,
and she doesn't have to see it. (She got very upset when she walked into  my
fly tying area and saw the hare's mask on the bench).

I do appreciate all of your suggestions and recommendations. Thanks again.

Mike D