Från: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com [mailto:vfb-mail@googlegroups.com] För Don
Ordes
Skickat: den 23 februari 2011 18:39
Till: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Ämne: Re: [VFB] Copyright mistake...

I've talked with some old-timers in the fly business when at the shows, in
private.  When the conversation gets around to copying others' work, I'm
amazed at how many FAMOUS tiers got their start by robbing others or the
'general store' of knowledge to get their start in notariety.  You wouldn't
believe the names.

I'll give one example on my part.  Some guy posted a photo of a tiger-mouse
that he tied on Mark Romero's site.  It was the photo copied from Vladimere
Markov's site, and the tiger-mouse was the one I gave to Mary Thompkins in
Idaho falls, which she gave to Vlad when he made that FFF conclave there.
This guy claimed it as his own pattern.  Mark banned him from the site.

People just don't believe in 'sin' anymore, nor in ethics, values, scruples,

fairness, and on & on.

I like giving others credit for their accomplishments and their influence in

anything I've done.

I met Bill Howe at the San Mateo ISE Show in 1996, just before he 'retired'
from tying and went 'Harleying', I think.  But he taught me the secrets of
his large 'Profile Flies' for saltwater streamers, basically a very flat
deceiver that stripped very fast. I built on this knowledge and developed my

very successful streamers, especially the Green Machine and the Big Blue.  A

normal giant streamer is like trying to drag a mop through the water, both
for the strip and hauling it out for the back-cast.  A flat profile fly
strips easily and I can easily haul out a fly twice the length of a normal
one if it is flat and thin, yet in profile, it looks like a whole fish to
the gamefish.