  From: Anthony Spezio
  To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 8:02 AM
  Subject: Re: [VFB] Selling flies online

        Chuck,
        When I was tying for the shops and resorts I was able to buy my
materials in bulk. I would buy hooks in 1000 lots and get a good discount on my
other materials. Chenille was bought by the 144 yard skein Thread bought 10
spools at a time and things like that kept the price down.
        I think the flies that are selling for .50 cents each are imported
flies tied in India or some other country that has cheap labor. Even at bulk
buying, I could not sell my flies for .50 cents each.
        Tony

        --- On Tue, 10/9/12, Chuck Alexander <chuckalexan...@centurylink.net>