So, guys - here's one for you...

Background:
I'm getting tired of people posting my flies and stating that they are
their own. The more flies with different owners showing up in picture
searchs makes the ownership of the material on my own website unclear.
I know what copyright is about and until today I thought it was the same
"over there" but on a certain discussion forum where you also can upload
patterns to a pattern database I ran into a brick wall. The discussion with
the administrator has been ridiculous But as an administrator I'd like to
assume that he should have some knowledge about rules and laws... and since
he's not bending one inch (and getting more and more rude), it's not that I
start to wonder if I'm wrong myself.

Someone else has used a photo (taken by myself) from my site and used it
for uploading a pattern in the forum's pattern database. First he thought I
meant that it was my pattern and he wanted to see a patent ID. I explained
that the pattern was beside the point and that it was the picture that was
the issue. I think I got that through. But he's still wants to see a patent
ID to remove it "or stop wasting his time because I'm bringing up shit that
noone but I even care about".

Question:
Is copyright different in US. Has a US discussion forum more rights than a
private person to publish copyrighted pictures?

/Nick