Consider water marking your photos with your website or company name and
copyright year. I was always told that in the world of flies you can
copyright a fly by name but not really patent one. All it would take is
someone to change one material or change the quantity or size in a material
used. Tie it in another sequence, color, etc and the patent is useless. But
your picture is your picture and the laws are a little more straight
forward in regards to pictures. Watermark them so that if someone does link
to your server as they have done in the past or outright download the
images and then upload them somewhere else that there is at least a visual
clue to the reader what is really going on. You are due fair credit for
creation of those flies and there should be some ethics on the part of the
forum in question in giving and ensuring due credit is given. Now if
someone ties and photographs say an old but publicly known fly then the
credit to the pattern should go to the originator and the credit for the
photo (and tyer) should go to that individual. Please note that if you post
pictures to social media (including said forum) that generally in the fine
print you can find some legalese that claims ownership of everything you
post including pictures. Some media companies scour social networks for
original artwork to use in magazines, websites, etc. So be careful what you
post online because unless you own the server there is a good chance that
you don't own what you post there. And if set to publicly available, if may
even be interpreted as public domain. I can tell you without a doubt that
Facebook, twitter, etc all claim ownership over what you upload whether you
delete it or not (they don't really delete anything, just hide it). I think
we may find some humor and plenty of fodder for people seeking public
office, especially 20 - 30 years from now when many people don't take what
they post online very seriously. This is still the early days of social
media. I will say that Facebook does provide provisions on how to handle
theft of copyrighted material including words and photos, but you must
prove that you are the rightful owner. Nobody but you can file a claim.
YouTube has the same mechanisms and probably a few others.

I once used the Chilipepper and a picture from Tony's vise of one he tied
in a newsletter but I attributed both the pattern and photo to him. I think
it is important to society to give credit where it is due.

Scott