Es schrieb Stian Jordet:

> > > I would love to get this to work, but I'm totally unable to get sound :(
> > Sorry for the silly question, but, is the 'R'ecord device set to the
> > input where your soundcard gets the sound from the capture board?
> > And I do not mean /dev/dsp here, look at it with a mixer like aumix or
> > something. That was the problem for me.
>
> It is. But I guess the problem is that I'm running a saa7134 card...

No it is not the card. In the mplayerhq.hu FAQ you can still read that
audio encoding on TV does not work with GNU/Linux yet.

But what is with the vl2 capable apps? No sound with even xawtv -noxv?
(driver avi, 16bit stereo, 44100, JPEG, 25fps (or 30), 384x288)

If this works, nvrec and zapping should work too. Use latest versions.

Greetings

Hermann