If you have a pctv pro card, you will need at least version 0.7.105 of the
bttv software. Otherwise the card will not address the tuner at all.

then use ktv to scan the _entire_ band, not just the western european
channels.
OR (since you sem to use A2000) use the following .xawtv configuration file
with the right (finetunings).

Regards, Ignace

=========== .xawtv ======================
[global]
ratio = 4:3
freqtab = Europe-west
pixsize = 128 x 96
pixcols = 1
jpeg-quality = 75
keypad-ntsc = no
keypad-partial = yes
osd = yes
osd-position = 30 , 20
use-wm-fullscreen = yes

# [Station name]
# capture = overlay | grabdisplay | on | off
# input = Television | Composite1 | S-Video | ...
# norm = PAL | NTSC | SECAM | ...
# channel = #
# fine = # (-128..+127)
# key = keysym | modifier+keysym