Hahaha! Go, Ian! Go, Ian!

I laughed out loud at parts of the article, like

On Ian:
> One of his most charming features is that he always takes the easy
> challenge. "I'm not going to slam my fingers in the door," he said, in
> one episode.

About The Carol and Steve Show:
> Another vlog, the Carol and Steve Show, in which a married couple
> offer up the tedium of their daily lives - shopping, driving to the
> gym, arguing about "American Idol" - has stolen its type and its theme
> music from the land of sitcoms. It wants to sell out, but who would
> buy? Maybe a laugh track would help.

Maybe NYT not taking Everything in terms of a main-stream sitcom would
help as well?

> At this point the video blogging world is still small enough that all
> vloggers appear to know one another and show up in one another's work.

Gee! And what happens when bloggers meet? The blogosphere has about 13
million members now, and we still see the usual suspects mingling at
the endless row of conferences. What about golf tournaments? Same old
same old, and always Tiger. Tour de France: Darn, Lance Again! Ok, I
am pushing it. I just saying that the fact that Amanda and Richard
mention each other and meet up is not more strange than two a-list
tennis players meeting up at a competition. (Ugh, there goes the
a-list word again..)

***

What is so interesting to me is that Ian Mills goes from being "just
another teenager" in the UK (with no previous movie experience, right
Ian?) to being a NYT celebrity and compared to Letterman in what 7
months? Ok, this maybe isn't so strange at all, but my point is: If
you got talent, or keep at it until your talent shows through, the
work Will pay off. Or something like that.

Anyway. Congrats, Ian, and all.

Best,
Raymond M. Kristiansen