>Many categories have fuzzy boundaries. Take "mother". How can we
>classify something as a mother?

Actually, a mother seems to me to be a female that has given birth and/or
has taken legal guardianship of a child. Of course there are breakdowns to
this as well: birth mother, adoptive mother, etc. But certainly not all
women are mothers. However, if I am reading your post correctly it seems to
me you may have blurred the line betweenn a definition and word usage, e.g.
The Mother Of All Wars is not literally a mother -- same with a woman who
cares for someone or something like it were her child. A mothering
relationship doesn't seem to necessarily make a woman a mother.

If we are to agree that the definition of blog is nebulous at best, just
like the definition of art. Then that, to me, means two things: 1) we will
never be able to define what a vlog is, and 2) just as art is a subjective
term, it is perfectly legitimate for someone to interpret "blog" as just
another word for website (which, again, I don't necessarily agree with).

-David