Bill, You can buy a G5 specific DVI to composite and S-Video Adapter
for your PowerMac for $19 from the Apple Store or a dealer near you.
But the one very negative review on the Apple Store site, a rarity
for Apple to leave posted, says it doesn't work very well.

His review was posted only two days ago. I guess they didn't find it
yet.

"I purchased this item and the quality of the display is very poor. I
at first assumed it was just my TV but after speaking with another
person who has tried to do something similar on a PC, he seemed to
feel that it was just not something that works right. A TV and
Computer is just too different. I would like to experiment with it
more but right now I would say not to bother with this. He had a new
HDTV so resolution should not have been a problem on his TV. "

So I guess you need a 30-Day return guarantee policy type of store
like Fry's here in California to try and see how it looks.

I have played to TV directly out of my 1.25 GHz Aluminum October '03
PowerBook's S-Video port very successfully. Picture looks great on
Sony 27" XBR circa mid nineties from DivX recordings of HDTV shows -
350 MB per 43 minute episode played full screen with Video Lan
Client. They appear widescreen letterbox in standard definition
perfectly on this old classic. This was their last 27" XBR - pre-WEGA
era. At that point, S-Video was state-of-the-art input.

Last night in Cupertino at the MacFilmmakers meeting on the Apple
campus, it was mentioned that we SHOULD be looking at a TV hooked up
to our Macs to edit correctly due to SAFE ZONE and COLOR SATURATION
considerations. Was told a setup for TV is in the FCP Manual. Do you
have Final Cut Pro Bill?

It's on Volume 1 p.54. You run FW to your camcorder then out analog
to the TV and amplified sound system. Gotta go. More later if you
don't have the docs.
--
Taylor Barcroft http://www.blogger.com/profile/11159903
New Media Publisher, Editor, Video Journalist, Webcaster, Futurecaster